SBDC CARES Act Funding
COVID-19 Enriched Technical Assistance
Through a unique funding opportunity with the U.S. Small Business Administration, Tennessee Small Business Development Centers and East Tennessee State University, we now have access to supplemental grant funding through the CARES Act, which specifically enables us to provide education, training and business advising to small businesses that have experienced supply chain disruptions, staffing challenges, a decrease in gross receipts or customers or a closure as a result of COVID19.
This enriched technical assistance is provided to business owners at zero cost. We will manage contracts with various providers and experts and pay fair compensation for services. This is a win-win-win for the business owner, KOSBE TSBDC, and private consultants. We are contracting with several private consultants who will assist businesses and serve as subject matter experts on the following topics:
- Accessing and applying for financial resources, to include Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans, SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) and all types of SBA and non-SBA loan programs so small businesses can effectively access capital and promote business sustainability, growth and resilience.
- How small businesses can protect their workplaces, employees and customers against potential health and safety threats, including the prevention of the transmission of COVID-19 and other communicable diseases.
- Understanding and preparing for the potential effects of sudden natural or manmade disasters on small business supply chains, operations, finances, payrolls, distribution and sale of products.
- How to develop robust web integration, online sales and marketing, cybersecurity for small businesses, online distribution and delivery services for small businesses.
- How small businesses can develop and execute Continuity of Operations through planning, telework and remote management and customer service practices to sustain business activities during periods of interrupted business service.
- How to protect small business intellectual property.
- The risks and mitigation of cyber threats in online commerce, remote customer service or telework practices by providing small businesses and entrepreneurs with a series of online and in-person cyber-security awareness training cohorts.
- How to mitigate the effects of reduced travel or outside activities on small businesses.
The COVID-19 Enriched Technical Assistance Program is funded through a grant from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Request for Proposals
Independent contractors may submit a proposal to provide services including the following information:
- 1-2 page capabilities statement (see sample here)
- Professional biography, resume, or curriculum vitae
- At least three entities for whom similar services were provided for during the past three years. The list shall include, for every project undertaken: entity name, contact name and telephone number, date when services were rendered, description of service, duration of project, contract price and average hourly charge-out rate.
- Project description (maximum 500 words)
- Cost structure (i.e., hourly charge, training cost, ceiling price for the project)
See the Independent Contractor Agreement for more details including scope of work.
TSBDC at ETSU Kingsport Affiliate Office
400 Clinchfield St, Ste 100
Kingsport, TN 37660
Weekly Webinar Series
Join us every Thursday at 4 PM/EDT, on Zoom!
Recover Together Webinar Series:Reopening Discussion & Best Practices
Join us for our weekly recovery event/webinar where we will discuss reopening best practices as well as get insights from local business owners on how COVID-19 has influenced their future business strategies.
- Aundrea Y. Wilcox, MBA, CEcD — KOSBE Executive Director, & TSBDC Senior Business Counselor
- Mark Bays — TSBDC Director
Panelists for May 28th, 2020:
- Travis Woodall – Positive Approach Event Planning (Weddings & Events)
- Mark Ledford – Harrell Group (Services)
- Linda Qualls — Reshaping the Amazing You (Medical Spa)
- Russ Burdine — Riverfront Seafood Company (Restaurant)
- Cindy Lemons — The Blake (Assisted Living)
***This event is FREE, however, pre-registration is REQUIRED.*** Your privacy is important to us. This ZOOM live webinar is a view-only platform where the attendees cannot see each other, and the Host cannot see the attendees. An in-meeting chat is provided for attendees to send messages to the Host and other users within the meeting.