Franchising as a Career, Investment or Both
March 29th 11:30 am
Franchising is NOT just fast food and retail! Join us to learn the true facts about franchising and bust the myths. With over 3,500 franchise concepts in over 90 different industries, there’s something that fits everyone’s personality, lifestyle and budget! This live educational seminar will help you to decide if business ownership, as a career or an investment, is something you want to pursue.
Discussion will include:
· Identifying what type of business owner you should be
· Delving into why you want to start a business
· Learning some of the misconceptions of franchising
· Discussing business models and learning about the different types
· Discovering how to find the right business fit for you
· Understanding what franchise companies are really looking for in a business owner
· Finding out how FranNet can help in your business search
· Exploring special incentives and programs for Military Veterans
· Educating yourself on how much money you really need
And much more!
There is no cost to attend the event, however pre-registration is required. A light lunch will be served to the event attendees.
Speaker(s):This session will be led by Jerry Bird, FranNet of Alabama and East Tennessee. Jerry brings with his a wealth of information that he has gathered working in the corporate world and now being self-employed. Jerry is also a member of the TSBDC’s State-wide Advisory Council offering his experience and advice to the TSBDC Network.
Co-Sponsor(s):Kingsport Chamber; Kingsport Office of Small Business Development & Entrepreneurship (KOSBE); Tennessee Small Business Development Center at ETSU
The cooperative agreement between KOSBE and East Tennessee State University is partially funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). SBA’s funding is not an endorsement of any products, opinions or services. SBA funded programs are extended to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Additional funding is provided by the Tennessee Board of Regents and the state of Tennessee.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Please contact Aditi Bhave — 423.392.8811; email@example.com; 400 Clinchfield Street, Suite 100, Kingsport, Tennessee 37660.